The Healing Fields - Spring Hill Cemetery, Huntington, West Virginia - September 11, 2012
It's Random 5 Friday with Nancy at A Rural Journal. Join in and share your Random 5!
1. It's rained every day for over a week here in West Virginia. The ground is so saturated, I'm fearful of a tree splitting my house down the middle. Just 30 feet or so from my bed is over an acre of hillside with 60-foot-plus tall trees of all varieties. Makes me nervous. Some nights I've slept in the spare bed because I get it on my mind that a tree will land on me. ha
2. I didn't get to see fireworks yesterday but our little town is having festivities tomorrow evening with free food, live music and fireworks. If the rain allows, I'll be there to see people I've not seen in years.
3. I had an enjoyable lunch today. Honeywheat bread, garden-fresh tomato and cucumber slices and a little mayonnaise with a side of cheese-its and bottled water. I love tomato and cucumber sandwiches.
4. Have you tried the water enhancers? There are a variety of brands. I love all those flavors. Sometimes, after several bottles of plain water, I need something with a little flavor. Just a drop of two of the enhancer makes a great addition. They're a little expensive. MiO is $3.47 at Walmart for a 24-serving bottle. I went to Big Lots a few days ago. They had orange, blueberry lemonade and berry pomegranate flavors for $1.20 each. I bought three of each flavor for myself and three of each flavor for my cousin in central Virginia. She loves it as well as I. Since I'm mailing her a package anyway, I thought I'd share my stash with her.
5. The sun is showing its beautiful rays as I type this. That's a sign that I'm going to go out and finish transplanting some flowers and probably cut some grass. The humidity is 65%. That's down some from earlier today. Humid days make me useless.
I wish you a great weekend! Hop on over to Nancy's A Rural Journal and join in on Random 5 Friday!