1. What a day it's been. I started cutting grass before 9 AM. It was hard to breathe even at that time of morning. The humidity was high. It was hazy and, in spots, looked smoky.
2. I took a few breaks because I didn't want to dehydrate myself. Finally finished the grass at about 4:30. The wind blew grass and dirt all over me. That's not good when you're sweaty 'cause it sticks to the skin. I hosed myself off before I came inside and headed straight for the shower. By the time I got out of the shower, thunder was booming, wind blowing, Samson was a nervous wreck and the rain was pouring. Just in time. :-)
3. I got an automated call from the power company. Tuesday the power will be out from 8 AM until 2 PM for maintenance. I've never received a call like that before but I'm appreciative they were considerate. I'll plan accordingly.
4. Since I returned to Plum Hollow in 2004. I've wanted to get chickens and goats. Thus far, I have neither. My close friend of mine has chickens now. Silkies. Very pretty little fowl. I don't want Silkies but it's made me look more closely at getting chickens. Just a few ...
5. I'm participating in The Pink Scarf Project hosted by Vicki at 2 Bags Full. I haven't decided if I'm going to use some pink yarn I already have or use this great project as an excuse to purchase something new and beautiful and pink ... hmmm. Please take time to read my post below or click the link above to read about The Pink Scarf Project. I sincerely hope you will participate in making or purchasing a pink scarf for this worthy project.
Have a great weekend!