1. A few weeks ago, I met up with some family members for dinner at Bob Evans. My cousin (back row, center), her husband and her granddaughter (in front) was passing through and made an overnight stop to visit. The ones in the red vest, mauve pullover and black cardigan and I (in the wheelchair) grew up within a few hundred yards of each other in Plum Hollow. We were more like sisters than cousins. The visit brought lots of good memories to surface. I wish children could grow up like we did back then.
2. The pump went out on my septic tank. After 3 weeks and thus far $1,084, I have a temporary fix. When the pump went out, it caused electrical problems. The pump was replaced and the electrical problem has been temporarily fixed. At least I can wash clothes and take way-too-long showers and 40-gallon baths now. The latter two are on the very short list of luxuries I enjoy. I abuse them whenever I can.
3. I'm getting pretty good at spinning fiber. It's quite enjoyable, relaxing and productive.
4. My favorite thing when it snows is watching my dog. He licks it for a bit then digs in with his teeth and eats it as he does food. I've never seen a dog enjoy snow as he does. He won't go outside if it's raining though. Forget it. Not happening.
5. I think I'd like to have one of those single-serving Keurig coffee makers. I have a perfectly good Cuisinart 12-cup coffee maker that I've had for years and it will probably last a few more. I just can't decide what to do.