This is a random photo of my doggie, Samson. I found him on December 9, 2003. He'd been hit by a vehicle and had broken hips and a few other injuries. My aunt told me he was dead because he'd been there a few days. When I saw him licking his paw, I called a friend to put him in my Blazer and off to the vet we went. He's been my constant companion since that day.
What I am to do with this Random 5 Friday is to post five random facts about something in my life. Okay ... here goes:
1. A black cherry tree fell, landing across the stream by my house. With the heavy rains that's been happening lately, it's caused erosion. I had to have the tree cut out of the way today. It was covered with poison ivy BRANCHES! Did you know poison ivy grew that big? At first we thought it was tree branches but the leaves did not match the black cherry tree. The trunk of the poison ivy was bigger than my thigh. No joke.
2. I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 17 years old (1981). We were riding a motorcycle. The drunk thought we were someone else and came straight for us. My boyfriend died. I have been a hemi-pelvectomy amputee for 33 years now. I woke up one morning in April 1996 and my remaining foot was paralyzed. I've used a wheelchair since then.
3. I live alone and am 100% independent. I do everything that anyone else does from cutting grass to cooking to cleaning to complaining about grocery shopping.
4. I worked for the US Army Corps of Engineers for 18 years until I had to take disability retirement in October 2001 due to health reasons. Horrible day. I am always embarrassed to tell that because I feel useless. I loved my job as a cartographer.
5. I hate grocery shopping. But I love to cook and eat so I have no choice.
Well, next time I'll have all happy randomness. ha I've decided to not hide anymore so I may as well get some things "out there."
Wishing you a great weekend.