Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Changes ...

The weather is changing ... I can feel the turning of the season. The mornings are foggy ...

 
I grew grape tomatoes this year instead of the "normal" size tomatoes. I thought the plants stayed small and compact ... I was wrong. Three plants have over-taken an 8' x 6' area and literally I have picked hundreds of grape-sized tomatoes. I love them in salads, soups and other dishes. I've filled small bags with 20-30 in each and have frozen them. I think they'll do fine. I've frozen other fruits and vegetables from what other gardeners have given me.
 
 
They're so pretty and just as flavorful ...
 
 
 
After picking and freezing today's produce ... I went out to water some flowers. Just as I tilted the pitcher to pour water on the ground around a huge chrysanthemum I noticed this baby ...
 
 
I've seen this little cutie hopping around my yard for a while. It's the only baby I've seen. I wish there was something I could do to make certain it stays safe but I don't know what to do. Samson won't hurt it. There are, however, bobcats and foxes and coyotes out there ...

1 comment:

  1. Hi there LesleyAnn!
    Don't you just love the change in the air! I am looking forward to fall this year more than ever before. We've had temperatures back into the nineties so I am anxious for cooler weather.

    Your tomatoes are really gorgeous! I love the pictures.

    Aw, the bunny is adorable. Your Samson sounds like our Goldens - they wouldn't hurt a flea on purpose.

    Hope you are having a wonderful summer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.