Saturday, August 25, 2012

Holden Shawlette

I've been knitting my first shawlette. The pattern is Holden Shawlette posted at Ravelry. It's not a difficult pattern at all but it does take concentration when the stitch count is important but that's only a few rows.  I have a pet peeve when someone writes patterns. I don't understand why, instead of someone copying/pasting the actual row directions, the pattern author puts "Same as Row 2".  If you don't edit the pattern yourself, you'll have to do a lot of scrolling or sifting through papers to find rows 2, 6 and 7 on a regular basis for this pattern. I'm using Patons Kroy Socks FX called Calla Lily Colors. Pictures will follow soon!

Meanwhile, I got to dog sit for Miss Honey ... she's a sweetie.


2 comments:

  1. Hi LesleyAnn!
    (I don't know what happened to my first comment. o.O)

    Anyways, I like the Holden Shawlette, too. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    Honey sure is a cutie. :)

    I sometimes roast and freeze our tomatoes, also. They smell so good while they're roasting.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finished with the shawlette other than the bind off. It's taking a while to do that. ha It is the picot bind off, which is the most time-consuming, yet very pretty, bind off I've ever done.

    I took a super-duper shortcut with the tomato freezing. ha I didn't roast them. Peel and freeze. That's it. This is the first year I've done them this way. A friend's mom told me she prepares her tomatoes this way always.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.