Friday, January 17, 2014

Random 5 Friday


 I'm joining Nancy at A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday ...



1. This is about all we've done for a while. That lump under the comforter is Samson. Miss Cleo and Mister like the heat he emits. I like it too on these cold nights. No electric blanket necessary.

2. I've had an aggravating time trying to post for a few weeks. So I haven't posted. My IE11 seems to be the problem. Google likes IE9 and IE10 but not IE11. I downloaded Firefox browser; had to do a few adjustments and finally it works. I don't like Google Chrome and don't want to use it if I don't have to.

3. I spoke too soon with Samson being in the clear for surgeries. About two weeks ago, I noticed the right side of his groin area swollen quite a bit. I got him an appointment to see the vet yesterday. Seems he has a palm-sized tumor that suddenly popped up. He has had four tumors removed in the last three years. This Thursday, he will have four (possibly five) more removed. I hate that he has to go through this. Poor baby. He's almost as scarred up as I am.

4. The SERVICE ENGINE SOON light illuminated on my Blazer dashboard. I stopped by the mechanic's shop on the way home. He checked it out for me. He says to have the spark plugs and wires changed at the next oil change. I hope that is the answer. I get very nervous at the thought of breaking down.

 Frozen windows ... ICE on INSIDE

5. Mother Nature is riding the roller coaster in West Virginia. We had bitter, bitter cold the first week of January. Down to -13 degrees. The second week was quite mild and even reached 64 degrees one day. This week has been up and down. Rain. Snow. Beautiful sunshine. Today it's snowing. It actually hailed little snowballs.


2 comments:

  1. Hi LesleyAnn!
    Love the undercover doggie pic. Dogs are heat generators, no doubt about it. We're using google chrome, but we hate it. It debilitated our firefox browser, and we don't know how to fix it. Google has no conscience, methinks.
    I've read that tumors in dogs these days are caused mostly by a high carbohydrate diet, i.e. dog food. Isn't that about like the pet food industry? Dogs didn't use to get so many tumors when they ate table scraps and rabbits.
    I think we're on the same roller coaster only yours is a bit colder.
    Stay warm and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are smart to have converted to Firefox. I use it and have very little trouble blogging.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.