I'm joining A Rural Journal with Random 5 Friday.
1. The West Virginia weather is beautiful today but the colors of the trees are nothing this year like they were in the 2004 photo, above. This is my front yard.
2. One of my cousins I grew up with notified me yesterday they'll be passing through tomorrow. She and her husband will have their 5-year-old granddaughter with them. I'm looking forward to the family gathering. Not sure how Bob Evans restaurant will feel about it. :-)
3. Next week will be my annual dog-sitting week for my cousin. She and her sister go to the Smokies for 8 days every October. I think next year I'm going to go alone if no one wants to go along. My heart has always been right there, for some reason.
4. Covert Affairs began mid-season last night. I'll be watching the DVR tonight. I have such a difficult time watching live TV now. I find myself trying to fast forward through the commercials. It really has spoiled me. I've barely seen a commercial in a year!
5. I've been practicing daily with spinning. I've learned that the alpaca fiber I received with the spindles is not a good fiber for beginners. I ordered a sample pack of various fibers with which to learn. I'm anxious to get started.