Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Drop Spinning

I received two drop spindles I ordered to learn to spin this beautiful fiber I won. I don't know what one I'll like, top whorl or bottom whorl, so I ordered one of each since they're quite cheap. I read several articles on the difference between the two and it's actually just a matter of preference. I'll decide my preference when I figure out how to perform this task.  I'm anxious to learn. I like the creative process and really think, if I can figure all this out, I'll enjoy it. Along with the two spindles, I received a big portion of alpaca fiber. It's just amazing. If I had a sweater made out of this soft, silky, divine fiber, I'd never take it off. It's a caramel color. I also received a photo of the alpaca that grew the fiber. I loved that. He lives in Wyoming. haha

1 comment:

  1. Hi LesleyAnn! Looks like you're all set for a great fiber adventure. Love the spindles and the alpaca fiber.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.