Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Indoor beauty

I love flowers. During the winter months, I really miss those beautiful blooms. I purchased an African Violet several months ago while at Kroger. I really thought I was wasting my money because it was not in good condition. I do have a green thumb, so I took a chance and purchased it. This is the third time it's bloomed since June and has tripled in size. I love it.

 
This is my "Thanksgiving" cactus. I believe it might think it's a "Halloween" cactus. One or both of my cats got hold of it, resulting in tiny little teeth marks all over it. It's small in size because of the cats chewing on it but it blooms for me every year. This year, for some reason, it is in bloom right now. Three of the buds opened on October 27. There are several small buds in various growth stages.

 
The cactus won't bloom again this year like the violet. I'll probably get an Amaryllis or some other winter blooming plant to enjoy in addition.
 
I'm already feeling a bit "enclosed" although inclement weather has only just begun. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi LesleyAnn! I'm feeling the same way - hemmed in, and it's not even November yet. Your idea to have blooms inside is a good one. The African violet is just beautiful. I've never had one of those. Love the Thanksgiving cactus, the blossoms are such a pretty pink even if it's mixed up on when to bloom. :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas/Thanksgiving/Halloween cactus is doing the same thing. (and Alice the cat has been punching holes in the leaves, too)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.