It's Random 5 Friday at Nancy's Journal!
1. The Norfolk Southern coal train is passing by my house right now. This means that it will make its return trip at approximately 2 AM. I thought I'd never sleep through the train when I first moved back here. When I was growing up, it had stopped running. It started up again around 1979 but not on such a strict schedule as it does now. The coal mine a few miles from my home will be producing for decades to come, if allowed.
2. The low-hanging clouds proved the weather conditions yesterday. Steamy, hot and sweaty day.
3. I ran into an old friend while grocery shopping yesterday. We hadn't seen each other in about 18 years. We both stopped shopping, made our purchases and headed across the street for a Mexican lunch. The restaurant just happened to be a favorite of us both. We had such an enjoyable three hours. Now I have to finish shopping this evening. ha
4. Samson, my dog, was sick through the night. We had to get up several times for him to go out to eat some grass. He has acid reflux. I got online around 3 AM to search for remedies. I didn't see any "natural" remedies but I see that some people give their dogs Prilosec and similar prescription meds. Has anyone any experience with a dog having acid reflux? Any suggestions are appreciated.
5. I've not watched the news in about a week and have no idea what is going on in the world. That's a terrible thing to say even though it's true. Sometimes, I have to take a break from it all.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hop on over to Nancy's Journal and join in on Random 5 Friday.