Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday, Monday ...

 
My African Violet is blooming. I love this flower. I don't love how tiny cat hairs and dust attaches to its leaves. I have an old small toothbrush that I sometimes give them a light brush. It's obvious I've not done that in a while. ha 

 

Bee balm. Reminds me of a raggedy rooster comb. I love the color. The yellow flower behind is one I don't know the name of. It's pretty and bright. I'll get a better photo and maybe someone can let me know. It's the only flower I've been so stumped on. One told me it was evening primrose but I know that is not correct. Its blooms open during the day.


I've been bombarded with hummingbirds this year. Seems like they particularly love the pink verbena. I have another that is purple and white but they're not quite so eager for it. Look at its little toes in this photo. They're so tiny. She hung out with me for a while.

I can't express the relief I felt when I looked at Weather Bug radar and saw no precipitation in the skies for this day. The sun is shining right now and is predicted to shine all day. Hallelujah! I'll be outside cleaning up what I can by picking up tree branches and debris that the rains and winds have scattered about. Then. Then I have massage therapy (not as chic as it sounds ... the kind I get is painful) and chiropractic adjustment. This weekly session keeps me moving. I've not been for a few weeks because I've had a UTI and I'm really feeling rough.

Wishing you a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi LesleyAnn!
    Your African violet looks great. I like them, but I've never grown any. My bergamot is the same color as yours and covered with bumblebees. I've never grown verbena either. I'll have to check into getting some as I love hummingbirds, and I like to feed them naturally. Is yours in a hanging pot? Love the cutie pie hummingbird toes. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LesleyAnn, ever since I saw your hummingbird and flowers I've been trying to find a pink verbena plant. Did you grow yours from seeds? If I don't find one soon I may have to trade you a black lily for a pink verbena. o.O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, no need to ask about shipping a verbena, I'm sure I'll find a pink one here somewhere, it just may take a while. ;) The hunting is actually quite fun. There's a huge greenhouse down the road a ways that I'm going to checkout for a pink verbena one day this week and some others around if that one doesn't pan out. Thanks for offering though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers, I did get shower tonight! Sent me an email I am in Salt Rock, WV

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.