Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Healing Field

Once again, I took my 6-year-old friend, Aubrey, to the Healing Field at a local cemetery. Each flag represents a life taken due to the 9/11 tragedy in 2001. She and I have lunch and talk about what happened and how it happened. We pray for those who were and are still affected by the act and the deaths of so many people. Last year was our first year to do this. She and I plan to do it yearly as long as we can.

I worked at the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers on that dreadful day. Government offices were closed and most went home or gathered with loved ones. I went home and was glued to the television. I watched what those people on the screen were going through, in total disbelief. I sat there, wishing I wasn't alone, praying for those people and the safety of the United States of America.


I'm probably more fearful today of what might come our way than even on that day. Maybe because before 11 September 2001, I was so sure it was impossible that something like that could ever happen here.

Our beautiful country needs prayers now ... more than ever. We all need to pray that the future generations will be able to enjoy the freedoms and liberties and joy of living in the United States of America that make this country so great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.