Saturday, October 3, 2015

I believe I'm back!

And as long as I believe it ... it's gotta be true, yes? :-)

I've been sick for quite a while. By the grace and mercy of God, I'm on the road to recovery.

I've felt well enough to hire a handyman to do what I cannot. One of the chores: paint the house shutters. Before, they were one shade darker than the siding. Now, there called "Nature". (I think that is the name. I'll edit this when I find the paint can.) It doesn't show up so well in the photo but it's an army brown with olive undertones. I love it. They were very difficult to paint. I purchased 1-2-3 primer and Valspar paint for plastic and vinyl. The paint peeled right off. We tried everything over the course of three days. Finally, I told my guy to "paint them and put them back anyway". It does seem that the longer they hang there, the more "cured" the paint is. If the paint is still on them by Summer 2016 ... I'll be happy. haha

 

I have had many other things on the to-do list marked off and it's truly wonderful.

Hope your summer was wonderful and your autumn will be even better!

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! Love that color! So glad you are on the road to recovery you have been on my heart and in prayers!!! Happy Autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you J! I hope you and your furbabies are enjoying Autumn!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit.