1. I was awake when summer solstice of 2013 arrived at 1:04 AM. What a beautiful arrival it was! The moon was so bright, crisp and clear, a porch light wasn't even needed to see while outdoors. There were actually shadows from the moon beams.
2. I've made a conscious decision to enjoy each day of this summer as much as I possibly can. Hopefully, I won't forget that decision. I have so much to do with home and land upkeep, as everyone does, it seems I'm in a perpetual state of sweat and dirt. I'd like to go to East Tennessee (where I've felt a belonging since I was a child) or just take my dog for a walk.
3. Today, I am planting flowers for a friend at her house. She and her husband help me out once in a while, and I like to return the favor if possible. Then I will finish cutting the grass and hopefully power wash my aunt's porch.
4. I love listening to Spring peepers. Their call, which sounds almost like a baby chic but much louder, makes me smile. And watching lightening bugs.
5. I drink an average of 40 16.9-ounce bottles of water a week. Yes. I recycle.
Wishing you a bright and cheery summer!